Colombia ICT Sector Report 2022-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2022
Available in: English
According to figures from Colombia’s statistics office, DANE, the country’s ICT sector was responsible for 2.9% of Colombia’s GDP, amounting to COP 28.98tn in 2020, as well as 2.2% of its imports and 1.2% of its exports in the same year. As it approaches the point of saturation, the local ICT market has experienced a slowdown in its growth, both in terms of subscribers and revenues. However, there is still room for growth in the coming years given the relatively low penetration of internet and pay-TV services in the country, compared to other countries in the Latin American region.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: