Colombia Insurance Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
In 2017, written premiums in Colombia rose by 5.5% in real terms and 8% y/y in nominal terms, despite a backdrop of slow economic activity. In comparison, globally the value of written premiums grew by just 1.5% in real terms in 2017, according to a report by the Switzerland-based insurer Swiss Re. During the 2008-2017 period, the insurance sector in Colombia grew faster than its GDP, driving up penetration rates. Despite this positive performance, insurance penetration lags behind that of developed countries and regional leaders such as Brazil and Chile. This, coupled with government efforts to improve the country’s solvency framework, offers lucrative opportunities for domestic and foreign investors.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Colombia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: