Colombia Insurance Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
During each year of the 2008-2019 period, written premiums in Colombia’s insurance sector grew faster than the country’s GDP. As a result, penetration levels have grown continually, reaching 2.84% at end-2019. Despite the positive performance of the last few years, penetration in the country remains behind that of developed countries and regional peers, including smaller countries such as Chile and Puerto Rico. On the positive side, this relative underdevelopment of the sector, coupled with the stable growth of Colombia’s economy and a robust institutional framework, is the main driver behind domestic and foreign investment. In 2019, written premiums in Colombia surged by 10.8% nominally, 6.7% y/y in real terms, recovering from a slow 2018 in which it posted its lowest growth rate since 2013.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Colombia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: