Colombia Mining Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2019
Available in: English
Colombia is Latin America’s fourth-largest economy, after Brazil, Mexico and Argentina, but, unlike its peers in the region, the country has experienced steady growth over the past five years, thanks to stable and conservative economic policies. During H1 2018, pessimism and political uncertainty tarnished economic performance, but after the parliamentary and presidential elections, investment and GDP entered on an upward trend. Colombia’s mining sector tends to represent around 2% of the country’s GDP, and employs more than 160,000 people directly. In several departments* of Colombia, such as La Guajira, Cesar, Choco, and Cordoba, mining activities are the primary source of income for government and inhabitants alike. The country is a leading player in the global coal and emeralds market and is poised for growth in gold and copper, thanks to its geological traits and state incentives.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: