Colombia Oil and Gas Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
Colombia’s economy is largely dependent on the exploration of hydrocarbon resources. The sector is traditionally the leading recipient of foreign direct investment, with a share of 22.5% of total inflow to the country in 2017. It is also the country’s main exporter, accounting for 34.5% of Colombia’s total earnings from foreign sales during the period. However, the depletion of mature fields, coupled with a sustained fall in investments caused by the slump of mineral commodity prices between 2014 and 2016, have led to a reduction in both proven reserves and the output of the sector. According to the latest available estimates by the National Hydrocarbon Agency (ANH), existing crude reserves will be exhausted within the next five-and-a-half years at the current rate of production. In the case of gas, existing reserves can maintain 11.7 years of production at current production rate.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Colombia
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: