Colombia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2019
Available in: English
Colombia is a mid-sized pharmaceutical market in Latin America (ranking fourth in terms of sales volume in 2017, after Brazil, Mexico and Argentina), with a large and growing population, a universal but underfunded social security health insurance system, and a small but rapidly developing private health insurance system. The segment with the highest growth opportunities is patented drugs, due to cultural preferences and an ambivalent government policy towards promoting generic drugs. Moreover, the local pharmaceutical industry is small and largely focused on the production of generics, which has resulted in a chronic trade deficit in drugs. In 2017, the trade deficit in pharmaceuticals reached USD 1.8bn, up 9.4% y/y, as Colombia met 64.1% of its domestic demand with imported drugs.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Colombia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: