Colombia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
Colombia was the fourth-largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America in terms of sales volume in 2018, with a large and growing population, a universal but underfunded social security health insurance system, and a small but rapidly developing private health insurance market. The local pharmaceutical industry is focused on the production of generic drugs, with the rest of the segments largely supplied through imports. This has resulted in chronic trade deficits in pharmaceuticals, which reached USD 2bn in 2018, as Colombia met 47.8% of its domestic demand with imported drugs. Nevertheless, several pharma and healthcare segments remain with strong growth potential, including medical cannabis, homeopathic medicines and private healthcare services.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Colombia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: