Colombia Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2021
Available in: English
Colombia was the fourth-largest pharmaceutical market in Latin America in terms of sales volume in 2019, with a large and growing population, a universal but underfunded social security health insurance system, and a small but rapidly developing private health insurance market. COVID-19 hit Colombia particularly hard, exposing the structural deficiencies of its pharma and healthcare sector. The country depends on imported innovative drugs, as evidenced by the widening trade deficit in pharmaceuticals in recent years (USD 2.3bn in 2019). This makes it highly vulnerable to shocks in global supply chains. Moreover, despite the improvements in the national health infrastructure, Colombia struggled to meet the rising number of hospitalisations in late 2020, prompting the government to take extraordinary measures to support the health system.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Colombia . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: