Colombia Real Estate and Construction Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
Construction is the sixth-largest economic sector in Colombia, accounting for 6.8% of the country’s GDP, 3% of total FDI inflow and 6.3% of formal employment in 2017. Over the 2012-2016 period, the construction sector emerged as one of the main driving forces of the Colombian economy, expanding its GVA at a strong CAGR of 5.4%, favoured by high government spending on transport infrastructure, the launch of social housing programmes and robust demand for modern office and logistics buildings. Nevertheless, in 2017, the sector entered into a correction, due to the overall economic slowdown, a decrease in the purchasing power of households and high borrowing costs. However, construction activity is set to pick up in 2018 in line with the acceleration of the economy, an enhanced regulatory framework, and renewed interest of investors towards large infrastructure projects in the country implemented under the 4G programme.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: