Colombia Renewable Energy Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2021
Available in: English
In line with global trends, Colombia has been seeking to make its economy greener by developing its renewable energy resources. The country has made great strides in this direction, as more than two thirds of its electricity is from hydropower sources. Colombia relies heavily on hydropower generation; it accounted for 71.9% of the total power generation in 2020, which raises concerns about energy shortages in periods of reduced water supply and high volatility in energy prices. To mitigate these risks, the country has been encouraging the transition towards non-hydro renewable energy sources, such as wind, solar and bioenergy. The outlook is positive, considering that Colombia’s capacity for unconventional renewable generation is good, with favourable geographic and climatic conditions.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: