Colombia Tourism Leisure Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2022
Available in: English
The COVID-19 pandemic generated a sizeable drop in tourism revenue in Colombia. The different restrictions on travelling imposed around the world and domestically were reflected in a drop in the sector’s share in the overall economy, which fell to 2.8% in 2020, from 4.3% in 2019. In fact, the inability to receive tourists during a major part of 2020 generated a significant shift in the GVA real growth between 2015 and 2020 that registered a CAGR reduction of 2.5%. However, the advance of the vaccination worldwide and the lifting of mobility restrictions at the national and international level have led to better results during the first ten months of 2021, reflected in higher revenues and a sizable increase in job creation. According to figures presented by ANATO's president, in October 2021 about 2.1mn passengers will be transported on domestic flights, which accounts for 90% of the passengers handled in the same month of 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: