Colombia Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
The tourism sector of Colombia has significant growth potential due to the natural and cultural resources of the country. The recent demobilisation of the insurgent group FARC also favours the development of the sector with the improved security environment. In 2017, tourism and leisure accounted for 5.8% of the country’s GDP, including direct and indirect contribution. Over the period 2012-2017, the tourism balance experienced a significant shift, from a deficit of USD 166mn in 2012 to a surplus of USD 417mn in 2017, as the outbound tourism slowed down noticeably, affected by the weak Colombian peso from 2014 onwards, while the inbound tourism surged following the progress in the peace talks with the FARC and the rapid increase in hotel and accommodation supply.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: