Colombia Transportation Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2016
Available in: English
The transportation sector has emerged as one of the driving forces of the Colombian economy, expanding its value added at a CAGR of 4.2% over 2010-2015, and reaching a share of 4% of the country’s GDP in 2015, up from 3.9% in 2010. In the 2015-2016 Global Competitiveness Report, published by the World Economic Forum (WEF), Colombia ranked 110th out of 140 countries in terms of quality of overall infrastructure, having the fifth highest score in South America. In 2010-2015, some segments of the sector such as all cargo transportation modes and air passenger transportation grew rapidly driven by internal (development of domestic tourism) and external factors (favourable government policy, trade liberalisation and strong external trade). In 2015, road and maritime were the two most preferred modes for cargo transportation with shares of 46.3% and 37.1%, respectively, as per EMIS Insights estimates. Meanwhile, the road and air modes led passenger transportation, with shares of 84.4% and 15.2%, respectively.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Colombia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Colombia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Colombia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Colombia
- Ascertain Colombia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Colombia.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure
See below for a complete table of report contents: