Czech Republic Construction Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2016
Available in: English
Construction is one of the most important sectors in the Czech Republic’s economy, generating about 5.6% of the economy’s total gross value added (GVA) 2015. Real estate activities generated about 8.1% of total GVA in 2015. The construction and real estate sector development depended on a variety of sources for financing of projects - the available private and public domestic sources, as well as foreign financial sources. The construction sector was one of the sectors which attracted significant foreign direct investments, especially before the global financial crisis. In 2015 the construction sector attracted 4.4% of the total FDI inflows into the country. The Czech Republic’s construction sector’s output accounted for 0.34% of the sector’s world output in 2015. The registered number of employees in the construction sector in 2015 was 211,314, down by 0.9% y/y, while the number of employees in real estate activities was 46,600, up by 6.9% y/y. Construction and real estate activity accounted for about 6.7% of the total number of employees in the economy in 2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction and real estate sector for Czech Republic. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction and real estate sector in Czech Republic
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in Czech Republic
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Czech Republic
- Ascertain Czech Republic’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Czech Republic
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering) and the property market dynamics (e.g. vacancy rates, new leases and new projects).
See below for a complete table of report contents: