Czech Republic Mining Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2019
Available in: English
The mining and quarrying sector, including oil and natural gas extraction, generated a gross output of CZK 67.3bn in 2017, decreasing by 0.7% y/y in real terms and recording the smallest drop in the period 2013-2017. The gross output of mining and quarrying accounted for 0.6% of total gross output of the Czech economy in 2017, declining from 0.8% in 2013. The gross value added (GVA) of the sector dropped by real 9.6% y/y to CZK 33.1bn in 2017. Its share of the total gross value added also decreased to 0.7% in 2017 from 0.9% in 2013. The declining shares of the sector’s gross output and GVA were attributed to the country’s shortage of minerals, as well as its dependence on the imports of crude oil and natural gas. The mining and quarrying sector provided employment to 0.6% of the country’s labour force in 2017. The country is the second largest hard coal producer in the EU28 in 2017, having a share of 6.8% and the third-largest producer of lignite in the EU in 2017, having market share of 10.3%, according to data of the European sectorial association Euracoal.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for the Czech Republic. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in the Czech Republic
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in the Czech Republic
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Czech Republic
- Ascertain the Czech Republic’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Czech Republic
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: