Czech Republic Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
The pharmaceutical sector in the Czech Republic generated a gross value added (GVA) of CZK 18.9bn in 2016, up by 8.2% y/y in real terms. It accounted for 0.44% of the total GVA in the economy in 2016. The sector employed 9,438 workers. Total healthcare expenditures amounted to CZK 338.4bn in 2016, accounting for 7.6% of GDP, according to OECD data. The healthcare expenditures increased by 3% y/y to CZK 338.4bn in 2016, mainly due to the higher contribution of public healthcare expenditures, which accounted for 83.4% of the total expenditures. The human health and social work activities employed 288,400 people in 2016, accounting for 7.3% of the total employment in the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for the Czech Republic . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in the Czech Republic
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in the Czech Republic
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in the Czech Republic
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in the Czech Republic
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: