Emerging Europe Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2020
Available in: English
Although quite different in terms of political and economic systems, the Emerging Europe countries share certain similarities when it comes to their demographic situation and health profile. With the exception of Turkey, whose average birth rate is at around the replacement level but on a downward trend nevertheless, the fertility rate per woman in the other countries has been decreasing at an alarming pace. Russia managed to reverse the negative trend, but it still has not reached the replacement level. The falling birth and death rates and the subsequent ageing of the society, along with the increasing life expectancy in all the Emerging Europe countries, have a twofold effect on the healthcare systems. On the one hand, an increased demand for healthcare services and pharmaceutical products can be expected. However, as a consequence of these factors, the workersto- pensioners ratio will gradually worsen and will put increased strain on the state budgets, which, inmany cases, are already looking for cost-containment and savings when it comes to healthcare expenditure.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Emerging Europe . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Emerging Europe
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Emerging Europe
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Emerging Europe
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Emerging Europe
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: