Ecuador Mining Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
Although mining has taken place in Ecuador since precolonial times, the sector has never been a pillar of the economy, mainly due to an unfavourable government policy that has discouraged investments. In 2017, mining contributed to just 0.5% of the country’s GDP and 1.4% of national exports, generating a trade surplus of USD 227.7mn. A total of 13,146 people are directly employed in the sector, mostly in artisanal and small-scale mining operations. However, this situation is about to change significantly in the coming years, supported by an improved regulatory framework and growing investor appetite for new, cost-competitive mineral resources in a scenario of declining ore grades and maturing perations in other mining destinations in Latin America. This has also been confirmed by the Mines and Money mining forum, which in October 2017 recognised Ecuador as the most attractive country in the Americas for mining investments.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Ecuador. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Ecuador
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Ecuador
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Ecuador
- Ascertain Ecuador’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Ecuador
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: email@example.com