Ecuador Oil and Gas Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2018
Available in: English
Ecuador is a major player in the oil and gas sector in Latin America. A member of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC), in 2017 Ecuador had the third-largest proven oil reserves in the region and was its sixth-biggest oil producer. The oil and gas sector has a crucial role in the Ecuadorian economy, with crude oil being its main export item (32.4% share in 2017). Despite the uptick in international oil prices during the year, domestic oil output continued to decrease, as a result of agreed production cuts within the framework of OPEC, but also because of a prolonged period of underinvestment in exploration and hydrocarbon transport infrastructure. However, due to positive price effects, the country’s export revenues from crude oil rose by 22.5% y/y to USD 6.2bn in 2017. At the same time this increased imports of oil derivatives and LPG to USD 2.2bn, since the country relies on imported fuels to meet its domestic demand.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Ecuador. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Ecuador
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Ecuador
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Ecuador’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Ecuador
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: