China Automotive Sector Report 2019 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
The automotive production in China slumped by 9.8% y/y in Q1 2019 amid weaker economic growth and a continuous decline in the domestic automotive market. In Q1 2019, China produced 6.3mn cars compared to 7.02 mn in the same quarter of the previous year. Passenger cars production was 5.2mn units, down by 12.5% compared to that in Q1 2018. The sales of motor vehicles in China were 6.4mn units, representing a decline of 11.3% y/y. The decline was mainly driven by the slump in the passenger car segment, where sales dropped by 13.8% compared to Q1 2018. On the other hand, commercial vehicle sales improved by 2.4%, accelerating from 0.9% y/y in the previous quarter.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: