China Automotive Sector Report 2019 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
The automotive production in China slumped by 17.6% y/y in Q2 2019 amid weaker economic growth and a continuous decline in the domestic automotive market. In Q2 2019, China produced 5.8mn cars compared to 7.03 mn in the same quarter of the previous year. Passenger cars production was 4.8mn units, down by 19.3% from Q2 2018. The sales of motor vehicles in China shrank by 13.5% y/y to 5.9mn units. The decline reflected the double-digit slump in both passenger and commercial vehicle segments. In Q2 2019, passenger car sales dropped by 13.5% y/y to 4.8mn units, while those of commercial vehicles decreased by 9.7% y/y to 1.04mn units.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: