China Automotive Sector Report 2019 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
The slowing economy and the transition to VI emission standards continued to weigh on China’s automotive market. In Q3 2019, the automotive production slumped by 6.2% y/y to 6mn units, where passenger car production only was down by 6.9% y/y. Commercial vehicle output also went down by 2.6% y/y during the quarter. Nevertheless, the overall decline was less drastic than that in Q2 2019, showing possible signs of recovery. In Q3 2019, 6mn motor vehicles were sold in China, a decrease of 5.5% compared to the same period in the previous year. The decline was mainly driven by the slump in the passenger car segment, where the sales shrank by 6% from those in Q3 2018. At the same time, commercial vehicle sales also went down by 2.4% y/y. Still, they recorded an improvement in Q3 2019 compared to the double-digit drop in Q2.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: