China Healthcare Sector Report 2021 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2021
Available in: English
China’s successful recovery from the COVID-19 outbreak back in mid-2020 had a positive effect on its economic performance as well as on separate sectors, including healthcare. China’s GDP managed to return to a usual pre-pandemic growth with a 6.5% y/y increase in Q4 2020. In the fourth quarter of 2020, total spending on health and family planning in China surged by 61.4% y/y to RMB 485.8bn. The funds have been largely directed towards technological upgrade, promotion of online healthcare services as well as research and development, related to COVID-19 in particular. China’s healthcare spending is anticipated to remain high, driven by accelerated application of online healthcare, government support, sector reforms and the ongoing push for industry upgrade.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. medical institutions, medical devices and pharmaceuticals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: