China Natural Gas Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2020
Available in: English
Under the government’s constant efforts to alleviate the air pollution problems through coal-to-gas conversion programmes, total gas consumption in China saw a robust 17.7% y/y increase in 2018. However, domestic gas production only grew by 8.3% y/y, expanding the supply shortage by 30 bcm, which made the country more reliant on imports. To tackle this issue, Chinese government bodies and national oil companies (NOCs) in the energy industry continued to develop upstream natural gas drilling and the natural gas sales network, and to design and construct the nation’s natural gas infrastructure such as LNG terminals and oil and gas pipelines. Total upstream investment in the oil and gas sector increased by 20.5% y/y to RMB 267bn in 2018 with major discoveries in the Tarim basin, the Junggar basin, and the Bohai Bay area.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the natural gas sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the natural gas sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production, consumption and regional dynamics for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See natural gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. piped natural gas and LNG).
See below for a complete table of report contents: