Hungary Agriculture Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
Hungarian agriculture accounted for 2.1% of the EU’s agricultural output in 2016, up by 0.2 pp y/y. The agricultural sector accounted for 3.8% of the country’s total GDP and for 4.4% of the total gross value added (GVA). GVA generated in agriculture increased by 3.43% y/y from HUF 1,273bn in 2015 to HUF 1,317bn in 2016. Agricultural area in 2016 was 5.349mn ha, slightly above the 5.347mn ha in 2015. According to Central Statistical Office estimates, in 2016 there were 416,000 individual farms and 9,000 commercial farms. The average size of individual farms was 7.6 ha, which shows the large
fragmentation of the Hungarian agricultural sector, even though the figure increased from the 5.6 ha in the previous farm survey from 2013. The average size of an agricultural enterprise was 253 ha in
2016, down from 310 ha in 2013.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the agriculture sector for Hungary. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the agriculture sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Gain insight into land and climate issues
- Ascertain Hungary’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. grains, vegetables and livestock farming).
See below for a complete table of report contents: