Hungary Automotive Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
The automotive sector in Hungary plays an important role in the country’s economy and exports. In 2016, the transport equipment GVA represented a 4.5% share in the country’s GDP. In 2016, the transport equipment sector accounted for almost a quarter of the total industrial sales as top automotive manufacturers such as Suzuki, Audi, Daimler and Opel have established local production facilities. The bulk of the country’s automotive production, about 90%, goes to export markets, with passenger car exports accounting for 27% of the overall Hungarian exports in euro terms. In 2016, the country ranked 9th in the EU in terms of PC production with a 3.2% share, but at the same time had one of the lowest ownership rates with 313 vehicles per 1,000 inhabitants. The segment of new passenger cars has been growing at faster rates in recent years as economy recovered, unemployment went down and consumer income rose. As of August 2017, the automotive sector employed close to 168,000 people.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for [country name]. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in [country name]
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in [country name]
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in [country name]
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in [country name]
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: