Hungary Insurance Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2017
Available in: English
The Hungarian insurance sector is split evenly between the life and non-life segments. Unlike the European life insurance market, the Hungarian life segment is dominated by unit-linked products that are linked to investment schemes. In 2016, the unit-linked life products accounted for 52% of the total life insurance premium income in Hungary, compared to 30%-35% for the European countries. Property and vehicle insurance dominate the non-life segment with an 83% share in 2016. Although insurance density in the country has been on the increase, it still remains seven times below the European average. Total insurance penetration in Hungary in 2015 was 2.6% of GDP, compared with an average insurance penetration in Europe of 7.4% of GDP. As of 2015, the total employment in the insurance sector was 19,975 persons.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Hungary. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Hungary.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Hungary’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org