Hungary Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2018
Available in: English
Total expenditure on healthcare in Hungary in 2015 reached HUF 2,460bn, up by 6.3% y/y. Government and compulsory health care financing schemes made up 67% of the expenditure, followed by private out-of-pocket spending (29%). Voluntary healthcare payment schemes accounted for only 4% of total expenditure on health care in 2015. Healthcare spending came at 7.2% of the country’s GDP. In 2016 the pharmaceutical sales in Hungary totalled HUF 712.5bn, of which exports made up 81.7%. The gross value added (GVA) of the pharmaceutical sector accounted for 1.25% of Hungarian GDP in 2016. There were 29,400 persons employed in the pharmaceutical sector in 2017. Employment in healthcare and social activities reached 285,200 persons in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Hungary . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Hungary
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents:
DOWNLOAD A SAMPLE
Email us at: email@example.com