Hungary Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2017
Available in: English
In 2015, the total Hungarian healthcare expenditure amounted to HUF 2,373.4bn, or 7.04% of GDP. Public financing schemes made up 67.1% of the healthcare spending. By regional standards, the Hungarian health spending as a percentage of GDP is high, but significantly lower than that of the Western European countries. The total value of the pharmaceutical market was HUF 660.8bn in 2015, while the value of the pharmaceutical output was HUF 816.5bn. According to EFPIA, only Poland produces more medicines in the region. The Hungarian production is export-oriented - foreign markets account for 84.5% of the manufacturers’ turnover. At the end of 2015, the number of employees in the healthcare sector was 262,100 or 6.2% of the total workforce, while pharmaceutical manufacturing companies employed 24,900 people.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Hungary . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Hungary
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: