Hungary Transportation Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Hungary is located at the crossroads of four major road, railway and inland waterway corridors that link Eastern, Western and Southern Europe. The country’s transportation sector accounts for around 5.1% of its GDP and close to 7% of total employment. The exports of transport services accounts for 5.3% of total exports of goods and services, while sector imports have a 3.5% share in total imports. Road transport accounts for 77% of the total passenger traffic, with the share of metro (underground railway) increasing on the strength of new lines’ construction and higher passenger numbers. Road infrastructure accounted for 77% of cargo traffic, followed by railway transport with 19%. Although Hungary has a well developed railway infrastructure, with a density equal to 145% of the EU average, the country ranks 44th out of the 138 countries surveyed by the World Economic Forum (WEF) in terms of railway infrastructure quality.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Hungary. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Hungary
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Hungary
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Hungary
- Ascertain Hungary’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Hungary
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: