Indonesia Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2019
Available in: English
Indonesia’s retail sector plays an important role in the country’s economy. It generated 10% of the gross domestic product (GDP) and provided employment to nearly a fifth of the country’s workforce in 2018. Household consumption has traditionally accounted for over half of the GDP, highlighting the strong fundamentals of the retail sector. The aggregate food and beverage expenditures amounted to IDR 3,238tn in 2018. Between 2011 and 2018 the wholesale and retail sector attracted a cumulative USD 21.3bn in foreign direct investments (FDI), or 14% of the country’s total FDIs. Indonesia is the 5th largest retail market by total sales among emerging markets and in 2017 it ranked 8th in A.T. Kearney’s Global Retail Development Index (GRDI).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: