Indonesia Electric Power Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
Coal dominates Indonesia’s electric power sector as the country has abundant and cost-efficient coal resources. Coal power plants accounted for 51% of the total installed capacity and generated 60% of the electric power in the country in 2018. The second largest source of electric power is gas, which took a 30% share in the capacity mix and 22% in the generation mix in 2018. The reliance on cheaper coal and gas allows the country to maintain one of the lowest electricity tariffs in ASEAN, providing a competitive edge for the industrial sector. Indonesia is the fifth largest power generating country in the Asia Pacific (excl. China) region, taking a share of about 5%. Almost the entire population has access to electricity; as of September 2019, Indonesia has achieved more than 99% electrification ratio.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: