Indonesia Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2017
Available in: English
Indonesia's healthcare and pharmaceuticals industry is one of the least developed in ASEAN and Indonesia has low scores on most metrics – including number of hospitals and beds per 10,000 population and healthcare expenditure per capita. These limitations have also made Indonesia one of the biggest source countries for healthcare tourism in the region, as wealthier Indonesians seek to travel to other countries in the region to obtain advanced treatments inaccessible in their own country. The Indonesian government has, in recent years, focused on expanding healthcare coverage and developing the healthcare infrastructure. The low-base effect and this concerted policy effort have made the Indonesian healthcare and pharmaceuticals sector one of the fastest-growing in the region.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: