Indonesia ICT Sector Report 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
The information and communication sector’s contribution to Indonesia’s economy has gradually increased over the past few years but still makes up a tiny share of the country’s GDP of just 4% in 2019. Telecoms service revenue reached IDR 185.7tn in 2019, with mobile services being the main growth driver. Mobile services passed 100% penetration as early as 2011 to reach 127.8% in 2019, and 4G connection has reached over 90% of the population. The improved internet access has facilitated a boom in Indonesia’s e-commerce. Due to the complex geography of the country fixed broadband has only recently started to gain momentum, supported by a growing middle class and the government’s push to digitise the economy. These factors have started to translate into steady growth of the IT market, valued at IDR 187tn in 2019.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Indonesia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: