Indonesia ICT Sector Report 2021-2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2021
Available in: English
While even before the pandemic, information and communication was one of the best-performing sectors of the Indonesian economy, in 2020 its real GVA registered a 10.6% y/y growth amid a 2.1% y/y decline of the real GDP. Its value reached IDR 695.8tn, or 4.5% of the GDP (up from 4% in 2019 and 3.5% in 2015). Telecommunications, mobile services in particular, have been the main growth driver. Mobile telephony penetration reached 130.1% that year and mobile broadband 89.1%, compared to only 3.9% for fixed broadband. The rising number of internet users has facilitated a boom in Indonesia’s e-commerce and related segments. In 2020 the value of e-commerce increased by 54% y/y to USD 32bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the ICT sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the ICT sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on domestic demand and macroeconomic indicators that impact on the sector in Indonesia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by sub-sector (e.g. pay tv, broadband internet)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia.
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. mobile and fixed telephony, broadband internet).
See below for a complete table of report contents: