Indonesia Insurance Sector 2020/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
Indonesia’s insurance sector generates less than 1% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP). Its penetration and density rates are below the average for the region. With gross insurance premiums at 1.99% of GDP versus 3.9% on average for Emerging Asia, and insurance density to the tune of USD 82 per capita versus USD 207 for Emerging Asia, the industry has a lot of room for growth. Some 152 insurance companies and 227 insurance intermediaries operate in the country, according to data from March 2020. Life insurance is the largest segment, earning 40% of total gross insurance premiums in 2019. Next comes social insurance with a 39% share and non-life insurance and reinsurance with 19% of the total. Mandatory insurance accounted for 2.6% of overall premiums. Gross contributions from Sharia insurance were equivalent to 3.2% of total insurance income.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Indonesia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: