Indonesia Insurance Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2018
Available in: English
Indonesia’s insurance sector is underdeveloped, with penetration rates well below the averages for the world in general and for Asia in particular. The sector generates less than 1% of the country’s GDP, while its premium income was equivalent to just 2.4% of GDP in 2017, compared to Asia’s average of 5.6%. Widespread poverty, lack of public awareness and cultural barriers constrain penetration growth. Gross insurance premiums grew at a CAGR of 18% between 2010 and 2017, driven by the life insurance subsector, which takes about 47% of total gross insurance premiums. Indonesia ranks as the third largest insurance market in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) regions. As of end-2016, there were 383 companies operating in the insurance sector, of which 146 were insurance and reinsurance companies and 237 were insurance intermediaries.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Indonesia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: