Indonesia Insurance Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
Indonesia’s insurance sector has low penetration and density rates, which explain its underdeveloped status. The sector generates less than 1% of the country’s GDP, while its premium income was equivalent to 1.95% of GDP in 2017, compared to Asia’s average of 6.8%. Indonesia is the third largest insurance market in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region in terms of insurance premiums, according to Swiss Re. Life insurance is the dominant segment earning 44% of the total gross premiums in 2018. The insurance industry has accumulated total assets to the tune of
IDR 1,209tn as of end-2018.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on insurance premiums and claims in Indonesia.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: