Indonesia Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2021/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2020
Available in: English
The government of Indonesia recognises the tourism industry as a vital driver of economic growth and is trying to work towards its development. The sector is being seen as much as an important contributor to employment as to foreign exchange earnings. The WTTC estimates the total contribution of the travel and tourism sector to the country’s GDP at USD 64bn, or 5.8%, in 2019. The sector also employed 12.56mn people in 2019, which is 9.7% of total employment. Indonesia earned IDR 223.3tn in international visitor spends in 2019, accounting for 7.7% of the country’s total exports. There is opportunity for growth in almost all segments and sub-segments in the tourism sector. In the accommodation segment, there is huge scope for investment in the luxury hotels business, as the government looks to promote more high-end travellers to the country. The ‘10 Balis’ plans, which entails the development of ten new tourist hubs across the country, provides ample scope for investments in tourism infrastructure. There is also opportunity to participate in the development of road and air infrastructure as the government is looking for private financing as well as public–private partnerships.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain [country name]’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: