Indonesia Transportation Sector Report 2017/2018An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2017
Available in: English
With a population of some 258.7 million, Indonesia is the world’s fourth most populous country and the largest economy among the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN). The Indonesian transportation sector employed some 5.6 million people, or 4.4% of the country’s total employment in 2016. The sector generated 5.2% of Indonesia’s GDP in 2016, with its gross value added (GVA) rising by nearly 12% y/y to IDR 647.2tn. The government has been the key driver in developing and upgrading the country’s transportation infrastructure, with a focus on alleviating congestion in major cities by building more tolled roads, light rail and mass transit systems and by increasing passenger and cargo handling capacities in major airports and seaports.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Indonesia. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Indonesia
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Indonesia
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Indonesia
- Ascertain Indonesia’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Indonesia
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: