India Automotive Sector Report 2017/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
India houses one of the fastest-growing auto industries in the world. The market has surged from INR 1.87tn in FY2008 to more than INR 5tn in FY2016, and the government expects it to grow to INR 19tn by FY2026. Autos accounted for 6.3% of the country’s overall gross value added (GVA), and for 3.4% of total exports. In FY2017, close to 4% of overall FDI in India went to the auto industry. The Indian automotive industry employs about 11mn people directly and another 19mn indirectly. India’s automotive production caters predominantly to the domestic market and vehicle imports are
negligible. The sector had an overall trade surplus of around INR 700bn in FY2017, although there was a negative trade balance of INR 174bn on auto components.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: