India Banking Sector Report 2021 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2021
Available in: English
After a slowdown in FY2020 due to dampened economic activity and deleveraging of corporate balance sheets, the total assets of the banking sector grew by 3% q/q in Q4 FY2021. Bank credits (or loans and advances), which also grew by 3% q/q, remained the most significant portion of the banking sector’s assets, accounting for approximately 67% of the total. Investments followed at a total of INR 45tn by Q4 FY2021 or roughly 27% of total assets of the banking sector. Against the most recent fiscal year end in March 2021, the banking sector managed to increase its total assets by 8% with investments accounting for the majority of this increase.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: