India Chemical Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2018
Available in: English
India has one of the largest chemical sectors in the world by production volumes, and growth is expected to accelerate given the country’s increasing development. The chemicals sector plays an important role in the Indian economy, accounting for approximately 2.1% of GDP in 2016. Chemicals production is concentrated in the coastal states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. This is the source of some distributional inefficiency, as the end users are scattered throughout India. The chemicals sector is generally fragmented, and there are large numbers of small and medium-sized manufacturers, although this has been changing in recent years with the emergence of larger, vertically-integrated players which have a dominant role in their markets.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: