India Chemical Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
India is one of the world’s most significant producers and exporters of chemicals. However, the chemicals sector still has considerable room for growth. The chemicals consumption per capita in India remains low compared with most. India’s chemicals sector is also very fragmented due to the significant number of smaller, family-controlled chemicals production units. This industry fragmentation poses a hindrance to the further advancement of the chemicals sector, as many of these smaller producers are unable to make the significant capital investments required to upgrade their plants to the state-of-the-art technology necessary to become economically viable producers without government subsidies.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: