India Construction Sector Report 2016/2017An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2016
Available in: English
Construction is the sixth-largest economic sector in India, accounting for 7.8% of the country’s GDP in FY2016, the second-biggest employer (after agriculture), with about 35mn people engaged, and the second-largest recipient of FDI after the services sector. Over FY2012-2016, the GVA of the sector expanded at a moderate CAGR of 3.4% -- lower than GDP’s 6.5% -- pushed down by the overall deceleration of the residential market. However, renewed government focus on infrastructure, coupled with a rising demand for commercial and retail properties, proved to be a solid foundation for fostering growth.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering).
See below for a complete table of report contents: