India Construction Sector Report 2017/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2017
Available in: English
Construction is the sixth-largest economic sector in India, accounting for 7.7% of the country’s GDP in FY2016. With a workforce of about 35mn people, it is also the second-biggest employer, preceded only by agriculture. Construction was the fourth-largest recipient of FDI over the FY2000-2017 period. Between FY2013 and FY2017, the GVA of the sector expanded at a moderate CAGR of 3.5%, falling below the GDP growth rate (CAGR of 7.3%), pressured down by the overall deceleration of the residentialmarket, and declining private financing of infrastructure projects. Yet, the renewed government focus on infrastructure coupled with the rising demand for commercial and retail properties proved to be asolid foundation for growth revival.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the construction sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the construction in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and market value data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Ascertain India’s position in the global sector
- Get a complete perspective on completed and planned construction works, as well as investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of production and completed constructions for sub-sectors (e.g. residential, non-residential and civil engineering).
See below for a complete table of report contents: