India Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
India was once wholly dependent on domestic production to meet its consumer electronics demand. However, after the Indian economy was liberalised in 1991, multinational brands from countries like South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan flooded the Indian consumer market and outcompeted many domestic producers. Today, India is heavily import-dependent to satisfy its citizens’ demand for consumer electronics, and this is a significant contributor to India’s persistent trade deficit. India is a multitiered market. Consumer electronics penetration is very low for the vast majority of Indian citizens and many will be purchasing consumer electronics for the time. However, there is also a large and growing middle class who are seeking to upgrade their electronic devices.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer electronics sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the consumer electronics sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: