India Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
The liberalisation policy of 1991 opened doors India’s vast population to an array of international products. The consumer electronics market grew manifold, and is expected to hold steady in the future as well, owing to high replacement rates and rapidly changing technologies. While India had been a large importer of consumer electronics products that have contributed substantially to the trade deficit, there is a change in trend now as exports of consumer electronics have increased in the recent past. The sector is dominated by smartphones and televisions with increasing distribution channels such as e-commerce platforms. There is growth in 4G internet provision, especially in Tier-II & Tier-III cities.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer electronics sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the consumer electronics sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: