India Consumer Electronics Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2020
Available in: English
Domestic manufacturers dominated India’s consumer electronics before India’s economic liberalisation, which began in 1991. Today, Indian consumers prefer international brands and most domestic producers have been relegated to “also-rans” in the consumer electronics markets. Thus, India is highly import-dependent to satisfy its citizens’ growing appetite for consumer electronics. In recent years, the government has been pushing initiatives like Make in India and Atmanirbhar Bharat to promote self-reliance in manufacturing, including in the consumer electronics sector. Despite the government’s efforts, the sector’s trade deficit continues to rise in each year on the back of increasing appetite for imported electronics.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer electronics sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the consumer electronics sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels.
See below for a complete table of report contents: