India Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
The Indian retail sector is one of the fastest growing in the world, thanks to a favourable demographic profile and strong economic growth. Organised retail remains at a nascent stage of development, accounting for only 9% of total FY2018 retail sales. This suggests there is still significant room for growth. According to a publication of the India Brand Equity Foundation (IBEF) released in February 2019, India's retail market is projected to grow to USD 1.2tn in 2021 from USD 0.7bn in 2017. A.T. Kearney, in 2017, also ranked India as the world’s most attractive developing country for retail investment based on impressive market size, low saturation levels and the country’s moderate economic and political risks.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the retail sector for India. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in India
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in India
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in India
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in India
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: